For more information, contact:
Yopko Penhallurick LLC,
Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio (March 1, 2007) -- Garden enthusiasts will be inspired to create eye-catching landscapes and gardens during the Spring Gardening Getaway at the Lodge & Conference Center at Geneva-on-the-Lake, Saturday, March 24 to Sunday, March 25.
Garden and landscape experts share their knowledge on a wide variety of topics, from landscape design and makeovers to tips on the effective use of plants and flowers during the following workshops:
- Low Maintenance Landscaping Techniques: Use the right plants, tools and products to create a low-maintenance garden.
- Landscaping Before and After: Guests receive one-on-one advice on solving their landscape challenges.
- Plant It and They Will Come: Select the proper plants and flowers to attract birds and butterflies.
- Citrus Scentsations:Grow a variety of lemon-scented herbs and use them in recipes.
- Landscaping Trends and Hot New Plants for 2007: Create a new look for an old garden using the latest trends and new plants.
- Lighting Up the Night With Landscape Lighting: Hands-on workshop demonstrates how to properly install landscape lighting.
- Holden Arboretum: A Holden Arboretum botanist shares gardening tips during a special presentation.
- Gardening Answers: Gardening experts will lead a panel discussion that will answer guests’ landscaping and gardening questions.
Gardening Getaway Package
The Gardening Getaway for two includes eight gardening workshops beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Saturday night stay, lunch, dinner, dessert reception, Sunday breakfast, and two gifts, starting at $249, Saturday, March 24 to Sunday, March 25. Add Friday, March 23, for $79 and enjoy a tour and wine tasting at Harpersfield Winery.
About the Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake
Located at 4888 North Broadway (State Highway 534) in Geneva-on-the-Lake, the Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake features 109 finely appointed guest rooms (the majority with lake views); Horizons, an upscale restaurant with a striking octagonal dining room and breathtaking view of Lake Erie; a lounge with a rectangular bar and great views of Lake Erie; and amenities that include a fitness center, game room, indoor pool and gift shop. The Lodge entrance is located one mile north of Geneva State Park, on the left. For room reservations, call 866-442-9765 or visit www.thelodgeatgeneva.com. For Horizons reservations, call (440) 466-7100, then press "2."
Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts is a subsidiary of Delaware North Companies, a leading hospitality provider with significant experience in hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations. The company's portfolio includes historic properties in North America, such as Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex; Yosemite, Sequoia, Yellowstone and Grand Canyon national parks; Asilomar State Beach and Conference Grounds; Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite; Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa; Niagara Falls State Park; Jones Beach; Old Town San Diego; The Lodge and Conference Center at Geneva-on-the-Lake; The BALSAMS Grand Resort; and The Resort at Glacier.
Delaware North Companies is one of the world's leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Companies Travel