For more information, contact:
Jeannette Petrolia, General Manager
Yopko Penhallurick LLC
Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio, (January 23, 2007) - The Girlfriends Getaway Series at the Lodge & Conference Center at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers women an opportunity to get away with their girlfriends, meet new friends and have fun while enjoying wine tasting, massages, shopping and more.
Share the Experience with Friends
From chocolate and cooking to fitness and travel, each weekend of the Girlfriends Getaway Series offers women of all ages the chance to share a new experience, learn something new about a fun topic during a light seminar and enjoy wines from Northeast Ohio's leading wineries.
A sampling of the charming getaways:
- February 3, Chocolate Lover’s Delight: The focus is on chocolate as you taste a wide variety of chocolate confections during a palate-tempting session. Choose your favorite dessert wine during the special wine tasting.
- March 10, Wine Travels: Plan your future getaways by discovering wine regions and trails as Donniella Winchell, executive director of the Ohio Wine Producers Association, shares how to get the most from your wine tours. During the wine tasting, you will taste for yourself why Ohio’s wines are gaining national attention.
- April 21, Creative Cuisine: Tap into your inner chef while creating and tasting culinary delights using kitchen products from Pampered Chef. Learn the secrets of pairing wine and food during the wine tasting.
- May 12, Book Lover’s Retreat: Expand your horizons with best-selling books presented by Barnes & Noble. Meet well-known, local authors and listen to the story behind their book during a book signing. Discuss your favorite books while enjoying fine wines.
- June 9, Fashionable Faces: Put your best face forward as you start the summer using the latest make-up and skin care techniques by Mary Kay Cosmetics, then enjoy the wine tasting.
The Girlfriends Getaway Package
Each Girlfriends Getaway Package for two includes an early noon arrival and overnight stay on Saturday; a 25-minute massage; complimentary wine tasting; educational seminar; dessert reception with group photo of all participants; exhibitor booths; gift tote bag with gift certificates from Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, Curves and more.
A one-day only option that includes the seminar, exhibitor booths and wine tasting is available and priced at $12 per person.
For Girlfriends Getaway Package reservations, call 866-442-9765 or visit the Lodge Web site, www.thelodgeatgeneva.com.
Shop With Your Girlfriends
What’s more fun than shopping with your friends? At all Girlfriends Getaway Weekends, exhibitors will be on hand from Pampered Chef with the newest kitchen tools; Mary Kay Cosmetics with skin care products and cosmetics; Barnes & Noble with a selection of themed-weekend books; and Curves with the benefits of the Curves exercise program. Treat yourself to fine sterling silver jewelry from Silpada Jewelry. The Ashtabula County Medical Center will also be on hand with information on “Health for Life,” a six-month, weight-loss program featuring a free week at the YMCA, nutrition and exercise consultation.
About the Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake
Located at 4888 North Broadway (State Highway 534) in Geneva-on-the-Lake, the Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake features 109 finely appointed guest rooms (the majority with lake views); Horizons, an upscale restaurant with a striking octagonal dining room and breathtaking view of Lake Erie; a lounge with a rectangular bar and great views of Lake Erie; and amenities that include a fitness center, game room, indoor pool and gift shop. The Lodge entrance is located one mile north of Geneva State Park, on the left. For room reservations, call 866-442-9765 or visit www.thelodgeatgeneva.com. For Horizons reservations, call (440) 466-7100, then press "2."
About Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts
Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts is a subsidiary of Delaware North Companies, a leading hospitality provider with significant experience in hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations. The company's portfolio includes historic properties in North America, such as Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex; Yosemite, Sequoia, Yellowstone and Grand Canyon national parks; Asilomar State Beach and Conference Grounds; Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite; Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa; Niagara Falls State Park; Jones Beach; Old Town San Diego; the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia and Denver; The Lodge and Conference Center at Geneva-on-the-Lake; The BALSAMS Grand Resort; and The Resort at Glacier.